The Houston Texans will reportedly unveil new uniforms in the week leading up to the 2024 NFL Draft, which will take place in Detroit on April 25-27.
It will mark the first significant redesign of the Texans’ look since their inaugural season in 2002, though they’ve made a few tweaks along the way, including the addition of red alternate helmets.
With that, we’re holding a contest that asks you – our readers – to design Houston’s new uniforms. There are a few rules, though, so make sure to read carefully. They are as follows:
- Your submission must include four new uniforms, including home, road, alternate and Color Rush designs, as well as two different helmets.
- The Texans will not be changing their logo, and neither should you. That includes the logo’s current color distribution, at least on the home and road designs.
- Houston’s Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red color scheme must remain but now be complemented by H-Town Blue, which is effectively the Texans’ nod to the Oilers’ Columbia blue.
- Use whatever graphic design program or template you want, but remember that creativity and presentation count. Check out the concept section of our forums to find one that fits your style.
- Speaking of presentation, please include every uniform in one or two graphics. It’s easier to format our story and makes sure the winners garner the same amount of attention.
- Submit your design on X/Twitter by using the hashtag #TexansNewUniforms and tagging @AndrewMLind and/or @SportsLogosNet. You can also email your design to email@example.com.
All designs must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, Jan. 14. Please submit just one design to give others a greater chance of having their work featured in an article on our site later this month.